Can't hurt to try:
Thanks so much for creating such a positive living experience: I've really enjoyed renting at The Royal Arms in Mountain View.
In the time I've called your complex my home, I've made special efforts to be a good resident:
- I've always paid my rent on the first of the month.
- I've never filed a maintenance request.
- I'm on good, first-name terms with all my neighbors -- I don't ever bother them with loud music or TV noise.
- I've participated (and even helped host) complex-wide events like this year's Summer Picnic.
I never, ever do "dumb tenant" things, for instance:
- I protect the cupboard woodwork with water-proof mats and dry my dishes before storing them.
- I always use a cutting board so I don't mar kitchen counter surfaces.
- I don't misuse, overuse, or put inappropriate things in the toilet, garbage disposal, microwave, or oven.
- I am conscientiously "Green" in my use of water (and know who is paying the bill).
- I alway use a timer when doing laundry so use of the machine by other residents isn't blocked.
I treat your apartment as I would my own home: with respect.
By the way, the Mujiks are the best on-location support team I've ever met. They are each incredibly friendly. You can see Senada's smile from 100 feet away! The facilities are always manicured and clean thanks to Mr. M's diligence.
Bozzi is wicked smart and has kindly helped me out several times (including a ride to the airport -- can you believe that?!?). Someday I hope to have enough money I can pay him to do my taxes!
Alas, Leslie, that time has not yet come -- so I must ask you a favor: would you reconsider raising my rent?
In this harsh economic environment and due to some recent upheavals in my career, it'd be a real hardship on me.
Please let me know your thoughts on this matter: anything you're able to do would be much appreciated by me.
In exchange, also let me know if there's any way I can help you. For instance, I can promote The Royal Arms by posting positive reviews on Yelp or any of the apartment review sites. Let me know what you need and I'll be your guy.
I look forward to your reply,